PHIL'S NETGEM IPLAYER PAGE GET YOUR VINTAGE MAC ON LINE ZX SPECTRUM BBC MICRO
Last updated 13/01/2009
alt r = Refresh Page
menu, alt green or green button = Update Interactive Services
menu, alt yellow or yellow button = Rescan Channels
= Soft Reboot
about:cache = Clear Cache
about:cookies = Clear Cookies (Maximum 128)
cookies.jsp = Fix Broken Cookies
about:tcp = Network Details
about: = Netgem Details
Stream Video Using VLC Media Player
1. Start VLC
(For UK PAL Standard TV) Preferences, All,
Stream output, Sout stream, Transcode, Video frame-rate
3. File, Open File..., File, Browse... to the required file
4. Tick Streaming/Saving, Settings...
5. Click Stream, HTTP, Type the IP Address of your PC For example, 192.168.0.2
6. Port 1234
7. Encapsulation Method, MPEG PS
8. Tick Video, mp2v, Bit Rate (kb/s) 1024, Scale 1
9. Tick Audio, mpga, Bit Rate (kb/s) 192, Channels 2
10. OK, OK
VLC - Controller will start playing...
11. On the Netgem iPlayer set up an Internet Favourite called Video Stream
http://192.168.0.2 (The IP Address of your PC)
12. Choose your Video Stream favourite and you'll see the video stream!
File Sharing Using FTP
1. Create a flie on your hard disk named netgem with a subfolder named documents.
2. Start an FTP server program such as Crush FTP.
3. Create a user called anonymous with read access to the documents subfolder.
4. On the Netgem iPlayer setup a PC Share as follows:
Server address:192.168.0.2 (The IP Address of your PC)
Tick Filter:ALL FILES
5. Copy some files in your netgem/documents folder.
6. Choose your anonymous PC Share and you'll see your files!
iTunes Music Sharing
1. Start an FTP server program such as Crush FTP.
2. Create a user called anonymous with read access to your iTunes Music subfolder.
3. On the Netgem iplayer set up an Internet Favourite called iTunes
ftp://192.168.0.2 (The IP Address of Your PC)
4. Choose your iTunes Favourite and you'll be able to play your music files!