Ecological Archives A023-020-A1
Gustavo Hallwass, Priscila F. Lopes, Anastácio A. Juras, Renato A. M. Silvano. 2013. Fishers' knowledge identifies environmental changes and fish abundance trends in impounded tropical rivers. Ecological Applications 23:392–407. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/12-0429.1
Appendix A. Questionnaire used in interviews with fishers from nine villages along the Tocantins River, Brazilian Amazon.
Local (village)_________________________Date _______
1) Name (or nickname):
Residence time in the village:
3) Father’s occupation:
4) School level:
Number of children:
5) Economic activities (occupation):
6) Fishing boat: Yes ( ) No ( ); How many? Kind:
7) What are the main fishes caught?
8) In which sites do you go to fish?
Which fishes do you catch in each site?
Which fishing gear do you use and in which season do you fish in each site?
9) Do you sell the fish? Yes ( ) No ( )
To whom do you sell the fish?
10) Did you notice any changes in fishing after the Tucuruídam’s closure? Which ones?
11) Did any fish decreased in abundance after the Tucuruí dam’s closure? Which ones? Why?
12) Did any fish increased in abundance after the Tucuruí dam’s closure? Which ones? Why?
13) Which lakes have more fish? Why?
14) Which lakes have less fish? Why?
[Back to A023-020]