BEAULY COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES                                                               

MINUTE No. 010

MEETING DATE: 28th September 2020

(NOTE DUE TO CORONA VIRUS, MEETING WAS IN THE MAIN HELD BY USE OF ZOOM WITH SOME COMMUNICATION BY E-MAIL AND PHONE).

Members: Roy Harrison (Chair), Seona Fraser, Tony Boyland, Mark Simmons, Jane Cumming and David Taylor.

Councillors: Emma Knox.

 

 

ACTION

1.0

Welcome and Apologies

 

1.1

The Chairman welcomed attendees to Beauly CC first ZOOM meeting. Apologies were received from: James Campbell, Mike Smith, Rosie MacDonald, Jim Stewart, Ivar Campbell, all had contributed by e-mail /phone.

 

2.0

Police Report

 

2.1

No Community Engagement Report for the month was received. Secretary to write to Police Scotland expressing concern.

DT

3.0

Minutes of Meeting 31st August 2020

 

3.1

The minutes were approved by James Campbell and seconded by Rosie MacDonald.

 

4.0

Matters from last Meeting.

 

4.1

Sycamore Tree. Bench and plaque purchased and held by Simpsons for some 10days. Work party to clear chosen area in Rose Garden area am.  05/10/20.

All Note

4.2

GCU (UK) request for a meeting. Awaiting response from Director Mr Gallagher. It was noted the Contractor appears very busy and is still causing disturbance.

DT

4.3

Coop Community Fund. Awaiting quotation from Simpson & Moir for floodlights. Now become urgent as Coop requesting final project report.

DT

4.4

Beauly Sports Association, no progress but members requested Secretary to speak to Trustees to identify programme whilst accepting current restrictions.

DT

4.5

Larder functioning well, the following was agreed:

  • Signage made by Kirsty about to be installed.
  • Lighting installed by Mark.
  • Coop Pioneer offered to set up donations box in store.
  • Larder to be in place until Christmas, then reviewed, Secretary to speak to Ord.
  • Current funding will last till end of month.
  • Donation page to be refreshed on Facebook.
  • Chairman to apply for more Funding’ Kirkhill/Ward Business Fund.

 

JC

 

 

DT

 

AB

RH

4.6

Village Flowers etc.

  • Sunflowers. Competition judged by Roy Harrison and Mark Simmons. Winners: to be notified on Facebook were:

-          Adult 1st Prize. Laura Tulloch 3.25m.

-          Adult 2nd Prize Joint Equal. Jane Campbell & Irenka. 2.4m

-          Children 1st Prize. Eva Wylie 3.2m.

-          Children 2nd Prize. Louise Campbell 3.1m.

-          Children 3rd Prize. Harry Chalmers 2.75m.

-          Special Prize for prettiest Sunflower. Beckie Bell.

-          Special Mention. Harvey & Finlay Rait.

 

AB

4.7

Secretary briefed Cllr Knox on following:

i)        Dog Bin Facebook trail dated 22nd January 2020.

ii)      Traffic Sign Beauly Toll.

iii)    Car Park Charging Consultation.

iv)     Route/Timetable issues, Stagecoach 28 Bus.

Cllr Knox agreed to research and provide feedback.

Cllr Knox

4.8

Village map. Helen Stirling, local Cartographer has been approached and a quote has been provided. Secretary to prepare report and circulate.

DT

4.9

Beauly News. Secretary informed meeting that in his view the time was now right to consider layout/content etc and refresh newsletter. He would be happy to work with a new person and then pass the production over. Agreed to advertise on Facebook page for assistance.

DT

4.10

Tidying-up of Facebook page. This was ongoing and for some local business posts quite difficult, discretion required. Discussion broadened into allowing businesses to advertise. Firstly, allowing members of the Business Association to place adverts. There was a mixed view here with more support if a separate page could be attached. Tony to investigate. It was agreed for smaller business there were sufficient alternative platforms.

AB

4.11

SSE, Beauly 132kV Reinforcement. Secretary made contact with Kilmorack, response circulated. Meeting to be arranged, assistance sought from Cllr Margaret Davidson.

Cllr Knox

4.12

Additional bus stop at Braeview. Contact made with David Summers – Roads – Public Transport. To be followed up.

DT

4.13

Beauly Public Toilets

  • Key holder/Opening hours. The CC preferred opening hours would be 7.00am to 10.00pm summer, 7.00am to 8.00pm winter. Key holder(s) will be Rosie MacDonald and James Campbell. THC to be informed.
  • Asset transfer. Papers to be circulated and meeting of sub-group to be set up.

 

 

 

DT

4.14

Crown Estates River Beauly Slipway. Secretary written to Crown Estates Agent, Bidwells, explain Beauly CC position, (see e-mail dated 21/09/20). Awaiting response.    

Note

4.15

Rubbish left by contractor inserting electric charging points to be removed. Facebook note to be posted letting community know charging points working.

DT

4.16

Suggestion “Springfield” should be approached for donation to extend current lights. eastwards. This would have to include for connectors to lighting columns, previously costed at £1,000/column by THC

DT

4.17

St Mary Church Beauly. Points raised all answered, however questions raised as to why Beauly CC Minutes not placed on CC Website. After discussion it was agreed to consider again placing minutes on website.

AB

5.0

Financial Statement

 

5.1

No. 1 Main Account £3,061.47. Decreases: Larder £257.48, Bench in Rose Garden £369.00, Website Maintenance £29.95.

 

5.2

No. 2 Second Account £13,376.09.

 

5.3

Children’s Hall Account. £3,193.20.

 

5.4

Lovat Account, (war memorial). £1,516.92.

 

5.5

Beauly in Bloom Account.  £2,589.87.

 

6.0

Correspondence See correspondence register attached to minutes.

 

6.1

Cllr Knox had circulated background information on Community Emergency Plans and recommended these should be updated making reference to Covid19 restrictions and procedures. The Chairman had reviewed the information and agreed to draft uptodate documents on behalf of Beauly Community Council.

 

RH

7.0

AOB

 

7.1

(RMcD) Raised issue of road repairs:

  • Manhole around Priory Hotel/Chip shop has become a trip hazard, THC to be informed.
  • Pothole opened up in entrance to Phipps Hall
  • Potholes opened up in Croyard Drive, THC to be informed.
  • Potholes opened up at bottom end of Ferry Road, please investigate
  • Drain smell around Station Rd/Bridgend.

DT

7.2

(MS) Approach from UK national charity, Ability.net, who have assisted several village organizations, to make donation. After discussion it was agreed as this is a well-funded charity, any donation should be made to a more local charity.

Note

7.3

(JC) Business Association.

  • Chest Heart Stroke Scotland. Garden to be tidied by Business Association
  • Mid-winter festival still being developed but Covid/time against this year.
  • Hand Sanitizer initiative to continue.

 

7.4

(RMcD) Agreed to put forward ideas for what we might be able to do for school children at Christmas. Ideas so far; give sweets to teachers to give to children/ Christmas treasure hunt.

SF

7.5

(RH) Notice Skate ramp is being vandalised. Secretary to write to Highland Skate Park Association.

DT

7.6

(RMcD) Advised Senior Citz. Christmas meal will not be taking place but a grand raffle is being organised.

Note

7.7

(JC) Concerns raised about cars blocking access for electric wheelchairs across Square. Also noted a lot of road markings are also wearing off.

DT

7.8

(JCampbell) To submit invoice for replacement part for Bowser.

JCambell

8.0

Next meeting

 

8.1

Next meeting scheduled for 26th October 2020.

 

  

   DCT/02- 4/10/2020

                        
Beauly Community Council - Correspondence Register, Council Meeting 28/9/2020

 

No

Date

To/From

Subject

Comment/Action

1

02/09/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

2

10/09/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

3

17/09/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

4

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03445/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 11 houses.

Part of original application. Discussed

5

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03444/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 42 houses.

Part of original application. Discussed

6

Ongoing

THC Planning

Change of Use from Agricultural Shed to Class 4 Business Use, Logic.Application under consideration.

Note

7

22/08/2020

THC Planning

20/03166/PNO Agricultural Shed Wellhouse Farm. Permitted Development.

Decided

 

 

 

 

 

8

27/08/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Beauly Public Toilet, info. required.

Discussed

9

07/09/2020

Steve Byford Kilmorack CC

Beauly 132kV Reinforcement - Introduction Letter

See minutes

10

08/09/2020

Sharon MacKay, Visit Inverness Loch Ness

Funding Finder - September 2020

Noted.

11

11/09/2020

Natalie Ella

Litter Picking

Addressed by Mark Simmons.

12

11/09/2020

Eileen Irvine

Rebranding; Highlands Small Communities Housing Trust to Communities Housing Trust

Noted.

13

11/09/2020

SSE

SSEN Transmission submits RIIOT2 consultation response

Noted.

14

15/09/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Community emergency plans

Plan to be prepared.

15

21/09/2020

THC Peter Kelly

Overflowing Play Park bin, complaint. Same historical argument.

Discussed.

16

21/08/2020

Laura MacKenzie (Croyard Road Beauly GP Practice, 55709)

Assistance with traffic management volunteers for Flu campaign

Advertised on Facebook.

17

23/09/2020

Co-op Local Community Fund

Please complete your End of Project Report

Secretary to Action.

 

 

Beauly Community Council - Facebook Register, Council Meeting 28/09/2020