BEAULY COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES                                                               

MINUTE No. 011

MEETING DATE: 26th October 2020

(NOTE DUE TO CORONA VIRUS, MEETING WAS IN THE MAIN HELD BY USE OF ZOOM WITH SOME COMMUNICATION BY E-MAIL AND PHONE).

Members: Roy Harrison (Chair), Seona Fraser, Tony Boyland, Mark Simmons, Jane Cumming and David Taylor.

Councillor: Margaret Davidson.

1.0

Welcome and Apologies

ACTION

1.1

The Chairman welcomed attendees to Beauly CC monthly meeting on ZOOM. Apologies were received from: Cllr. Emma Knox and Members; James Campbell, Mike Smith, Rosie MacDonald, Jim Stewart, Ivar Campbell, all had contributed by e-mail /phone.

 

2.0

Police Report

 

2.1

Community Engagement Report for the period 01/0820 to 15/10/20 was received and is attached to the Minutes. No issues were raised but Secretary was tasked with asking Police Scotland for any information they can share regarding an armed robbery at Foxhole.

 

 

DT

3.0

Minutes of Meeting 28th September 2020

 

3.1

The minutes were approved by Mark Simmons and seconded by Roy Harrison.

 

4.0

Matters from last Meeting.

 

4.1

Sycamore Tree. 5ft Bench to be delivered on agreed date and fixed to slabs by Men’s Shed. Further tidying of garden required when weather improves. Agreed to draft press release when seat in place.

DT

4.2

GCU (UK) request for a meeting. No sign of meeting, disappointing but not a surprise. Agreed Secretary to write to contractor complaining about recent activities causing disturbance to residents.

DT

4.3

Coop Community Fund. Simpson & Moir appointed for floodlight installation, awaiting programme for the work.

DT

4.4

Beauly Sports Association. Trustees notified Secretary a Zoom meeting is going to be arranged with intention of appointing Management Committee.

Note

4.5

Larder functioning well, some £150/week being spent. It was noted the Larder is extensively used but not being abused. A phased approach has been taken for restocking. Remaining funding is currently of the order of £500-£600. The following was agreed:

  • Opening times, poster to be updated.
  • Coop donations being collected, very welcome.
  • Chairman spoken to Kirkhill regarding funding. Charles Stephen to be approached regarding access to Ward Business Fund. Crown Estate Fund to be investigated.

 

 

 

AB

SF

RH

4.6

Village Flowers. Planters to be removed from pillars next week. Thanks to Community Allotment for allowing use of composting bins.

Council Planters to be stripped, budget for Spring bedding likely to be requested.

 

JS

4.7

i)        Assistance from Elected Members on following:

ii)      Dog Bin Facebook trail dated 22nd January 2020, no follow-up request.

iii)    Traffic Sign Beauly Toll, costs being investigate.

iv)     Car Park Charging Consultation. Secretary to make contact with Finlay Mackenzie.

v)       Route/Timetable issues, Stagecoach 28 Bus. Cllr Davidson to set up meeting.

 

Cllr Knox

Cllr Knox

DT

Cllr Davidson

4.8

Village map. Helen Stirling, local Cartographer appointed, awaiting start-up meeting.

DT

4.9

Beauly News. Advert for assistance placed on Facebook, no take-up. Agreed not to produce newsletter at Christmas due to limited activities in village.

Note

4.10

Tidying-up of Facebook page, in particular allowance of business advertising. The following points made:

  • It wasn’t possible to add a sub-area on our Facebook page for businesses to advertise.
  • Allowing businesses to advertise, would be community spirited.
  • Maybe Business Association could have Facebook page for business advertising.
  • Defining wider area within which advertising would be acceptable was difficult to define.
  • Business Association members could advertise, others could advertise after making small donation to Food Larder.
  • More Posts from Community Council would create more of a balance with business advertising.
  • For smaller business there were sufficient alternative platforms, and they could be redirected.

The meeting was informed an offer had been received, as a result of a Facebook Post, for assistance with Community Council IT activities. AB to follow up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AB

4.11

SSE, Beauly 132kV Reinforcement. Disappointment to restricted consultation and no interaction liaison group expressed to SSE. Virtual Consultation 0n 20th October, Feedback return 28th October.

 

4.12

Additional bus stop at Braeview. Contact made with THC Roads/Public Transport. Secretary to follow up with David Summers/ Ally MacDonald.

DT

4.13

Beauly Public Toilets. Asset transfer. Papers circulated and meeting of sub-group to be set up.

DT

4.14

THC agreed to contact contractor to remove rubbish left when inserting electric charging points. Facebook note to be posted letting community know charging points working.

DT

4.15

“Springfield” approached for donation for Christmas Tree and to extend current lights eastwards. £200 offered, received with thanks. Springfield to set up press release.

DT

4.16

Community Emergency Plan. Plan being updated to include contact information etc. and to address current issues affecting community resulting from Covid19.

RH

4.17

Village Road Repairs:

  • Manhole around Priory Hotel/Chip shop has become a trip hazard, THC to be informed.
  • Pothole opened up in entrance to Phipps Hall
  • Potholes opened up at bottom end of Ferry Road, please investigate
  • Drain smell around Station Rd/Bridgend
  • Concerns raised about cars blocking access for electric wheelchairs across Square. Also noted a lot of road markings are also wearing off.

Secretary to contact Ali Nairn Community Services THC.

DT

4.18

Agreed CC to buy sweets as usual for Primary School children but give them to the teachers to distribute. Contact to be made with Tracy Fraser-Lee.

Secretary to contact Kenny Palmer regarding testing of Lights.

SF

 

DT

4.19

Highland Skate Park Association contacted, awaiting repairs.

Note

5.0

Financial Statement

 

5.1

Available on Request.

 

6.0

Correspondence See correspondence register attached to minutes.

 

6.1

The Chairman and Secretary attended a virtual meeting with Ward Councillors and other Community Councils on 15/10/20. The meeting was very informative with a focus on the following:

  • Covid19 update.
  • Winter preparedness, resilience/roads.
  • Community Resilience.
  • Funding Opportunities.
  • Looking Ahead.

A follow up meeting is planned.

Note

6.2

Highland Council Community Resilience. E-mail received from Community Services outlining procedures for servicing footways and roads over winter. Applications made for gloves, shovels, grit for pins and grit piles.

 

7.0

AOB

 

7.1

(JC) Business Association.

  • Chest Heart Stroke Scotland. Garden tidied by Douglas McKay with costs covered by Business Association. Post on Facebook to be written to let the community know CHSS pulled out of lease.
  • Due to Covid restrictions, mid-winter lighting festival will not progress this year, but the development will continue with the intention of holding the festival next Christmas.
  • Business Association to meet with Highland Council to share experiences of current trading climate.

 

JC

7.2

(MS) It should be recorded that the drive-in Flu vaccination process went very well. Credit should go to staff at the two Medical Practices.

Note

7.3

(Cllr MD) Explained to meeting Highland likely to be placed in Level 1 of tiered restrictions. This will have significant impact on tourism and hospitality industries due to travel restrictions applied to other Scottish and English regions.

 

7.4

(AB) Observation that Business Association web site, visitbeauly.com seems lightly populated by village businesses.

 

7.5

(MS) Highlighted new fire alarm regulations that were launched with limited publicity. It was recognized installation date had been extended by 12 months and had now attracted sufficient publicity.

 

7.6

(AB) Updated meeting on arrangements for wreath laying on Remembrance Sunday. Wreaths now prepared and to be collected by the Chairman who would lay them at the two memorials as appropriate, taking account of Covid19 restrictions.

 

7.7

(SF) Referred to communication from Highland Council Planners regarding naming of main street within “Springfield” development. Developers suggested “Oakview”. Members to comment as necessary, Secretary to revert to the Council.

DT

8.0

Next meeting

 

8.1

Next meeting scheduled for 30th November 2020.

 

 

   DCT/01- 03/11/2020

                        
Beauly Community Council - Correspondence Register, Council Meeting 26/10/2020

 

No

Date

To/From

Subject

Comment/Action

1

02/10/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

2

08/10/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

3

13/10/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

4

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03445/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 11 houses.

Commented

5

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03444/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 42 houses.

Commented

6

22/08/2020

THC Planning

House at 18 Barnyards.

Reviewed

 

 

 

 

7

29/09/2020

Joan Cameron HSPA

Sending someone to look at damage to skate board ramp

Monitor.

8

01/10/2020

Alistair Campbell Bidwell's

Crown Estate, Beauly Jetty. CC letter passed on

Awaiting response.

9

02/10/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Electric Charging Points, included in the Charging Places Scotland interactive map 

Noted.

10

05/10/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

THC Car Parking Consultation. Contact details provided.

Secretary to follow up.

11

06/10/2020

Moir & Simpson Electricians

Quote for replacing floodlighting.

Quote accepted, see minutes 4.3.

12

08/10/2020

THC Policy6

Community empowerment legislation, survey.

Noted.

13

08/10/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Abandoned Car Register. THC no intention to change current procces.i.e. no Facebook page.

Noted.

14

09/10/2020

Police Scotland

Response to request for Monthly Report. Reports will be produced if meeting notified.

Noted.

15

10/10/2020

Cllr Margaret Davidson

28 Bus route, meeting to be set up with Stagecoach.

Noted.

16

11/10/2020

Secretary /Simpson & Moir

Simpson & Moir appointed to replace floodlighting.

See Minutes 4.3

17

12/10/2020

Rebecca Munro/Cllr Margaret Davidson

Meeting with Ward Councillors 15/10/20

See Minutes 6.1

18

12/10/2020

THC Community Services

Highland Council is ready for winter - apply now for community resilience grit bins

See Minutes 6.2

19

14,23/10/2020

SSE Sub-station Extension, Gary Donlin

Brochure for Virtual Consultation and engagement with local liaison group.

See Minutes 4.11

20

14/10/2020

Gary Mackenzie

Update on Logic Development.

Circulated.

21

17/10/2020

Police Scotland

Community Report

Tabled at meeting, included in Minutes.

22

19/10/2020

THC Community Support

Poverty Week Leaflet. 5-11th October

Put on Facebook.

23

21/10/2020

Secretary /Helen Stirling Maps

Helen Stirling appointed to produce visitor map.

Secretary reported progress.

24

22/10/2020

Steve Byford Kilmorack CC

Comments on SSE Consultation.

Circulated.

25

22/10/2020

THC on behalf of Scottish Govt.

the COVID-19 Business Hardship Fund.

Noted.

26

22/10/2020

Scotland's Climate Assembly

Invitation to contribute to Scotland's Climate Assembly

M Simmons to register.

27

22/10/2020

Co-op Community Team

Unsuccessful in recent round of community project funding

Noted.

28

25/10/2020G

 Borland, Beauly Sports Association

Update on progress

Secretary updated meeting.

 

 

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FORM

 

Command Area

 

Inverness

Community Group

Strathglass CC

Station

 

Beauly

Officers

Rurals

Date of Meeting

 

October

Location

 

 

Ward and Local Policing

Plan Priorities. 

Activities conducted over the reporting period to support those priorities.

1.    Road Safety

2.   Public Protection

3.   Drugs / Alcohol Misuse

   

      4.   Crimes of Dishonesty

Between 01.08.2020 – 15.010.2020

 

1 – There has been no incidents of note. Three fixed penalty notices issued for minor offences.

 

Pro-active patrols were carried out with a number of motorists spoken to regarding passing cyclists too closely.

 

A number of static vehicle checks were also carried out with no offences detected.  

 

If anyone has concerns surrounding speeding in any particular areas please pass this on to police so we can provided a targeted approach in the problem sections. Thank you.

 

2 – There has been no incidents of note.

 

3 – There has been no incidents of note.

 

4 – There has been no incidents of note.

 

Police would like to advise the community that there have been reports on the east side of Loch Ness of suspicious vehicles looking around gardens etc. We know this is some distance away from the Beauly community but just for awareness and extra vigilance in the rural areas regarding this. Thank you.

 

If you have any concerns or enquiries with which we can assist then please inform the Community Council who will pass them on to us or don’t hesitate to email;

 

HighlandsandIslandsBeaulyFortAugustus@scotland.pnn.police.uk