Beauly Community Council Minutes No 17 Month June 7th 2021

(Note due to Corona Virus meetings have been held by Zoom with communications by

Email and Phone)

In attendance

Councillors 

Margaret Davidson, Emma Knox,  

Apologies

Community Councillors

Seona Fraser, Roy Harrison, Mark Simmons, Rosie Macdonald, James Campbell, Mike Smith

Apologies

Ivor Campbell,  

Associate Members

Jim Stewart

Apologies

Tony Boyland, Jane Cumming

Minutes Secretary

Joan Campbell

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Welcome

Roy called meeting to order.

Police Report

No community engagement report for the period was received.  No items were raised with regard to Police Scotland. Joan has been in contact and reports are now being sent to us

Minutes from last Meeting

The Minutes for April were approved by Roy Harrison and seconded by Mark Simmons.  

Matters from last meeting

1.     GCU (UK) No contact from GCU. Councillor, Davidson, Knox and Fraser continuing to monitor situation and Jane Cumming to collect evidence.

    

2.     Larder - No interest from our Facebook post for continuing a community project.

3.     Traffic Sign Beauly Toll cost being investigated.

Cllr Knox is getting costings for replacing the sign at the Toll corner she is hoping to  have information for next meeting.

Dog Fouling signs for lampposts have been delivered. Action Cllr Knox

4.     Village Map - Discussions with the business association are on going regarding possible changes to the map.

Action Jane Cumming.

5.     Village Road Repairs and Abandoned Cars.  Mike Smith continues to look into abandoned cars and road repairs in the village and will forward any details to Cllr Fraser and Highland Council.

Action: Mike Smith and Cllr Fraser

6.     Moray Firth Plan - Awaiting feedback from our letter.  Action Jane Cumming and Roy Harrison

7.     Bus stop at Braeview entrance.  

New timetables for Route 28 received and improvement in services from Beauly to Dingwall.  New quick route for commuters over Kessock bridge in morning and teatime. Awaiting confirmation of bus stop. Action Seona Fraser

8.     Community Emergency Plan  Action Roy Harrison

9.     Playparks

Still awaiting info about return of swings at Braeview park. Action Cllr Davidson

13. Flood lights at old Tennis Court

Arrangement for timings and on/off switch to be confirmed. Action Jim Stewart

Financial Statement

No 1 Account                                                £tbc

No 2 Account                                                £tbc

Children Hall Account                                  £tbc

Lovat Account                                              £tbc Beauly in Bloom Account                            £tbc

Correspondence

 

May/June                   Planning Lists                                  

No comment

June 2021                 Balblair sub station                          June                           New Bus Timetables

Meeting to be arranged                  

June                                                               Email Lovat memorial Garden                               

to arrange meeting

June                                                 Access Rangers                                                           

Cllr Knox

June                                                     Transport Scotland                                                                                   

20 mph consultation

June                                                Boundary review                                                           

to be discussed

AOB

1.     Scottish Gov Tourist Fund - Meeting to be set up with Kirkhill to organise Trust.

2.     Seat at Old Priory - tidy up off bushes still required and gravel purchased.

Next Meeting 28 June 2021 AGM