Beauly Community Council Minutes No 20
September 6th 2021 Held at DownrightGabbler (Beauly)
Roy Harrison, James Campbell, Rosie Macdonald, Seona Fraser, Ivor Campbell, Mark Simmons
David Fraser, Emma Knox and Margaret Davidson
Tony Boyland, Jim Stewart
No report received - Joan to chase
Netherdale proposed extension - no comment
Minutes from last meeting approved by Rosie Macdonald and seconded by James Campbell
These will now be reported to the council by Mark Simmons. One car has been removed from the square.
Phipps Hall History Information Board
Awaiting price from A4 print as they still have original work.
Awaiting delivery of 4 new lights for square. Decision to be make for new position for existing square lights.
Plans in hand to organise a weeks clear up of Cnoc to make start on full tidied up. Ivor to project manage this project. Amy to look for help on Beauly online for week commencing 27th
September. Joan to get in touch with G Simpson to assist with removal of garden waste. Seona to contact council also to remove waste.
Grants available to community to make walk, wheel and cycle safer for exercise and access. Projects to be delivered by February 2022
Due to change of legislation new alarms must be fitted by February 2022. Amy to put reminder on
Beauly online for villagers to know.
Idea put forward to get in touch with Historic Scotland regarding information plague for Elm Tree and the possibility of having tree lit up.
Meeting held on 23rd August and discussion took place regarding trustees and members.
Contact to be make with local clubs to see if meeting can be arranged subject to covid
Media release about monies spent on toilets
No 1 Account £ 740.86
No 2 Account £6276.81
Children Hall Account £1517.05
Lovat Account £2037.63
Beauly in Bloom Account £1752.80
1. New traffic sign for Toll Beauly - Action Emma Knox
2. Dog Fouling signs to be put up - Action Jane Cumming
3. Village map chasing adverts with view to having completion by spring 2022 - Action Jane Cumming
4. Road Markings for Bus stop - Action Seona Fraser
5. Lovat Memorial Garden meeting with Royal Marines - Action Roy Harrison
6. Parking sign for Braeview - no overnight parking - Action Emma Knox
7. Lighting at Astroturf football park - Account Jim Stewart
8. Christmas lights insurance for storage and use - Action Emma Knox
9. Moray firth plan update awaited - Action Jane Cumming
10. Community Emergency plan - Action Roy Harrison
11. Playpark 2 swings to be reinstated at Orchard park and Braeview park - Action Margaret Davidson
12. Skatepark to be removed update on what is happening - Action Roy Harrison
13. Visit Scotland Pod Cast - Action Jane Cumming
Next Meeting Monday 4th October 2021 venue to be confirmed.