BEAULY COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES                                                               

MINUTE No. 014

MEETING DATE: 22nd February 2021

(NOTE DUE TO CORONA VIRUS, MEETING WAS IN THE MAIN HELD BY USE OF ZOOM WITH SOME COMMUNICATION BY E-MAIL AND PHONE).

Members: Roy Harrison, Seona Fraser, Jane Cumming, Mark Simmons, Tony Boyland and David Taylor.

Councillors: Cllr Emma Knox.

 

 

ACTION

1.0

Welcome and Apologies

 

1.1

Attendees were welcomed to Beauly CC monthly meeting on ZOOM. Apologies were received from; Jim Stewart, James Campbell, Rosie MacDonald, Mike Smith, Ivar Campbell, Aimee Bertran and Cllr Margaret Davidson, all had contributed by e-mail /phone.

 

2.0

Police Report

 

2.1

No Community Engagement Report for the period was received. No items were raised with regard to Police Scotland.

Contact info. Sgt Brian Bisset brian.bisset@scotland.pnn.police.uk

or Highlands and Islands Beauly Fort Augustus

 

 

 

3.0

Minutes of Meeting 25th January 2020

 

3.1

The minutes were approved by Mark Simmons and seconded by Roy Harrison.

 

4.0

Matters from last Meeting.

 

4.1

GCU (UK) request for a meeting. Secretary contacted the local manager Munro Pirrie, no response. Needs follow-up. Munro Pirrie

RH

4.2

Larder functioning well, some £150/week being spent, £800 currently remaining. After discussion it was agreed to run the Larder till probably June when majority of restrictions may be lifted. Chairman to apply for necessary funding initially from Ward Discretionary Fund. Ord Industrial Supplies to be contacted and asked to extend loan of container. Sign to be refreshed. Opportunity for some publicity is available.

Community Council to commence discussions with wider community on needs/ options available when CC wind-down project.

RH/JC

4.3

Traffic Sign Beauly Toll, costs being investigated.

Cllr Knox

4.4

Village map. Good progress made, meeting with Helen Stirling, Cartographer next week thereafter draft will be circulated. However, difficult time to seek advertisers due to current restrictions which will likely affect final competition. It was agreed therefore to make a further payment to Helen holding back £200 to allow for inserting adverts when they become available.

JC

4.5

Tidying-up of Facebook page. Good progress made by Tony and Aimee, some 2,000 members now registered. Sifting questionnaire developed to limit business advertising.

 

Note

4.6

Additional bus stop at Braeview. Contact made with Stagecoach manager William Mainus. Stagecoach to consider proposal. Contact William.Mainus@stagecoachbus.com

 

SF

4.7

Community Emergency Plan. Plan being updated to include contact information etc. and to address current issues affecting community resulting from Covid19. Plan to include winter resilience measures.

RH

4.8

Village Road Repairs. It was felt a more proactive approach was required; Mark Simmons volunteered.

  • Manhole around Priory Hotel/Chip shop has become a trip hazard, THC informed.
  • Pothole opened in entrance to Phipps Hall.
  • Potholes opened at bottom end of Ferry Road.
  • Drain smell around Station Rd/Bridgend.
  • Concerns raised about cars blocking access for electric wheelchairs across Square. A lot of road markings are also wearing off.
  • T junction just past Lily Loch

Contact Ali Nairn Community Services THC. ali.nairne@highland.gov.uk

Information can also be passed to Cllr Knox.

MSimmons

4.9

Highland Skate Park Association inspected ramp, but unfortunately significant repairs are required. Contact. Joanne Cameron. bluebellspatch@hotmail.co.uk

 

RH

4.10

Secretary investigated cost of Zoom licence (circa. £130). It was agreed not to proceed at this time but make use of the generous offer of a member’s license.

JC

4.11

Snow clearing to be included in Winter Resilience/Community Emergency Plan. Funds received from Ward Discretionary Fund for  Glasdon Icemaster 50 Manual Gritter (Black) – Push Along Gritter. Volunteer list/rota/keepers to be developed.

RH

4.12

Stagecoach 28 bus. Route/Timetable issues. Community views passed to Stagecoach for consideration, awaiting response.

SF

5.0

Financial Statement

 

5.1

No. 1 Main Account £3,318.27.

 

5.2

No. 2 Second Account £10,259.47.

 

5.3

Children’s Hall Account. £3,193.35.

 

5.4

Lovat Account, (war memorial). £1,516.97.

 

5.5

Beauly in Bloom Account.  £1,846.76.

 

6.0

Correspondence See correspondence register attached to minutes for full list.

 

6.1

Inner Moray Firth Development Plan. Consultation period now open. CC to consider any response.

RH

6.2

Calor Gas Community Fund open for applications. CC to investigate any opportunities.

RH

7.0

AOB

 

7.1

 Beauly Public Toilets, CC becoming Key Holders. Meeting taking place with key holders and THC on Monday 1st March, thereafter CC responsible for opening and closing toilets in accordance with agreed protocol.

 

Beauly Public Toilets, Asset Transfer or Other. Secretary updated and circulated Feasibility Paper, comments required. Thereafter CC can decide on preferred scheme.

 

Formation of Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). CC to work with others, (Business Association &Trustees of Beauly Sports Association) to consider if a Development Company satisfying SCIO criteria should be set up in the village. Initial feedback is positive, awaiting formal comment from Business Association, thereafter virtual public meeting can be arranged to allow SCIO to be formed to oversee development of toilets and possibly other buildings (i.e. Rifle range site).

All Note

7.2

Kilmorack Community Council, Anne Gloag Development. Members were aware of meeting arranged by our neighbours and discussed the pros and cons of this development. In addition, they were aware of differing views in the village. To close it was agreed the community should be left to give their own views through the recognised channels.

All Note

7.3

(RMcD) Raised issue of 7.26am 28 bus not picking up passengers other than school pupils in Beauly, route then via Hughton to Charleston then arriving in Inverness terminus at 8.40am. To be investigated.

SF

7.4

(RMcD) Informed meeting Skateboarders had damaged ‘red seats’ at Priory. To be investigated.

RH

7.5

(JC) TV Researcher enquiring about characters and interesting stories about village as part of TV programme on Highland Railway as part of Most Scenic Railway series. Feedback to Jane please.

All Note

7.6

(JC) Concerns about extent of dog poo in Braeview Park and Lily Loch, seeming to have got worse since the first lockdown and may be the result of untrained dogs/owners. Following actions discussed:

  • Assist Eco Group with flag project.
  • Get Notices from Highland Council for Lamp Posts.
  • Apply for funding for Poo Bags from Discretionary Fund.
  • Use local paper and school children to reinforce message.

RH

8.0

Next meeting

 

8.1

Next meeting scheduled for 29th March 2021.

 

  

   DCT/02- 24/02/2021

                        

 

 

 

 

 

Beauly Community Council - Correspondence Register, Council Meeting 22/02/2021

 

No

Date

To/From

Subject

Comment/Action

1

03/02/2021

THC e planning

Weekly List

Any Comment

2

10/02/2021

THC e planning

Weekly List

Any Comment

3

16/02/2021

THC e planning

Weekly List

Any Comment

4

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03445/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 11 houses.

Commented

5

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03444/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 42 houses.

Commented

6

03/02/2020

THC Planning

20/00500/FUL Change of use from agricultural shed to Class 4 Business (Logic)

Granted

7

02/02/2021

THC Planning

20/05099/FUL Temporary siting of four portable buildings (Class 4 Office) and formation of access at
Land 350M North Of Mayfield, Beauly

Objected but application withdrawn

8

19/01/2021

THC Planning

21/00241/FUL Extension of parking area Land 15M NW Of 29 Orchard Park Beauly

No objection, support idea.

 

 

 

 

 

9

26/01/2021

Cllr Knox

Update on Beauly Toll traffic sign

Noted.

10

26/01/2021

THC Debbie Sutton

Answers to questions on transfering Public Toilets.

Noted.

11

27/01/2021

Charles Stephen, Ward Manager THC

Helpful information for communities on current Covid19 restrictions

Abstracts pasted on Facebook.

12

01/02/2021

THC Debbie Sutton

Comments on January Minutes.

Noted.

13

08/02/2021

Lorraine.Farquharson@highland.gov.uk

Community Resilience Group Briefing 5-2-21

See Item No. 10

14

08/02/2021

Joe Lindsay, via web site

Outdated notices re. Beauly Larder.

Addressed.

15

08/02/2021

Charles Stephen, Ward Manager THC

Application to Community Resilience Fund

Secretary completed, monies received.

16

09/02/2021

Tim.Stott@highland.gov.uk

Consultation info. On IMFDP

Discuss, comments required.

17

11/02/2022

William.Mainus@stagecoachbus.com

Further comments on No. 28 bus route.

Follow-up.

18

16/02/2021

Lucy.MacKay@highland.gov.uk

Discretionary Grants Administration Team

Noted.

19

18/02/2021

Gary Mackenzie

Update on Logic Development

Noted.

20

18/02/2021

Calour Gas Community Fund

Fund open for applications

Needs to be investigated.

21

18/02/2021

Scot Rail

Adopt a Station Awards

Noted.

22

17/02/2021

SF/RH Facebook Posts

Taking down of Christmas decorations

Actioned.