BEAULY COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES                                                               

MINUTE No. 013

MEETING DATE: 25th January 2021

(NOTE DUE TO CORONA VIRUS, MEETING WAS IN THE MAIN HELD BY USE OF ZOOM WITH SOME COMMUNICATION BY E-MAIL AND PHONE).

Members: Roy Harrison, Seona Fraser, Jane Cumming, Mark Simmons, Jim Stewart, and David Taylor.

Councillors: Cllr Emma Knox.

Council Officers: Debbie Sutton, Amenities Manager (South) attended part -time.

 

 

ACTION

1.0

Welcome and Apologies

 

1.1

The Secretary welcomed attendees to Beauly CC monthly meeting on ZOOM. Apologies were received from; James Campbell, Rosie MacDonald, Mike Smith, Ivar Campbell, Aimee Bertran and Cllr Margaret Davidson, all had contributed by e-mail /phone.

 

By agreement, the Agenda was adjusted to allow item 7.1 Beauly Public Toilets to be taken first.

 

1.2

Members wish to record the loss of a friend to the Community Council, Kenny Palmer. Kenny worked tirelessly for our community, was a willing hand at any community events and an integral part of the Christmas celebrations. His passing is a great loss to the village and he will be missed by us all.

 

2.0

Police Report

 

2.1

No Community Engagement Report for the period was received. No items were raised with regard to Police Scotland.

 

 

3.0

Minutes of Meeting 30th November 2020

 

3.1

The minutes were approved by Seona Fraser and seconded by Mark Simmons.

 

4.0

Matters from last Meeting.

 

4.1

Sycamore Tree Bench. Situation to be monitored.

MS

4.2

GCU (UK) request for a meeting. Things no better, feedback issues to Secretary who will contact the local manager Munro Pirrie.

DT

4.3

Larder functioning well, some £200/week being spent and should be budgeted for through to March. Chairman received funding of £500 from THC and £1,300 from Weir. Further applications to be made to Covid component of Ward Discretionary Fund.

RH

4.4

Assistance from Elected Members on following:

i)        Traffic Sign Beauly Toll, costs being investigate.

ii)      Stagecoach 28 Bus, see AOB item 7.1.

 

Cllr Knox

 

4.5

Village map. Good progress made. Ist draft available for circulation next month.

DT/JC

4.6

Tidying-up of Facebook page. Again, good progress made by Tony and Aimee. Report to be provided next month.

AB

 

4.7

Additional bus stop at Braeview. Contact made with Stagecoach manager William Mainus. Situation explained and positive outlook. Stagecoach to consider proposal. Secretary to chase.

DT

4.8

Beauly Public Toilets, see AOB item 7.

 

4.9

Community Emergency Plan. Plan being updated to include contact information etc. and to address current issues affecting community resulting from Covid19. Plan to include winter resilience measures.

RH

4.10

Village Road Repairs. Repairs will be held now till Spring.

  • Manhole around Priory Hotel/Chip shop has become a trip hazard, THC informed.
  • Pothole opened in entrance to Phipps Hall.
  • Potholes opened at bottom end of Ferry Road.
  • Drain smell around Station Rd/Bridgend.
  • Concerns raised about cars blocking access for electric wheelchairs across Square. A lot of road markings are also wearing off.

Contact Ali Nairn Community Services THC. ali.nairne@highland.gov.uk

RH

4.11

Highland Skate Park Association inspected ramp, but unfortunately significant repairs are required. Contact. Joanne Cameron. bluebellspatch@hotmail.co.uk

RH

4.12

Co-op food share scheme, working well. Further assistance required to collect donations at 8.15 in the evening and deposit in the Larder. MS volunteered to assist on Wednesdays.

MS

4.13

Planting containers in Station for Spring flowering, no bulbs available, therefore no planting till Spring. It was noted Adopt -A-Station programme is temporarily suspended.

Note

5.0

Financial Statement

 

5.1

No. 1 Main Account £4,074.03. Paid in: £1,300 Weir. £500 THC. Paid out: Christmas Sweets.

 

5.2

No. 2 Second Account £13,379.47.

 

5.3

Children’s Hall Account. £3,193.32.

 

5.4

Lovat Account, (war memorial). £1,516.96.

 

5.5

Beauly in Bloom Account.  £1,846.76. Paid out: Repairs to Notice Board.

 

6.0

Correspondence See correspondence register attached to minutes for full list.

 

6.1

Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate has been purchased. This will allow web visitors to use https instead of http when browsing our site and will stop browsers showing warning messages that the site is insecure. Cost for a Spanglefish site £24 + VAT per annum.

Note

7.0

AOB

 

7.1

 Beauly Public Toilets, CC becoming Key Holders. Secretary welcomed Debbie Sutton to the meeting. Following very useful discussion the following was agreed in outline, CC to formally respond with written protocols.

 

  • Beauly CC need to produce and have in place a robust set of procedures agreed with THC.
  • These should include a protocol for checking nobody is locked in.
  • e-mail will be the main means of communication between Beauly CC and THC to cover things like forced closures.
  • Opening hours can be 7.00am opening and 10.00pm closing in summer and 7.00 am opening and 8.00 pm closing in winter.
  • Cleaning contract (6.00 am to 11.00 pm) has flexibility to accommodate this.
  • Winter period starts 1st November and ends 31st March, Summer period starts 1st April and ends 31st October.
  • 3 month trial agreed to kick off 1st March to allow CC to trial winter and summer months.
  • Contact people: THC, Debbie Sutton, Lynn Woolley Area Supervisor, Kelley Hall.
  • Beauly CC, Rosie MacDonald, James Campbell, Roy Harrison.

 

Secretary thanked Debbie for her contribution before she left the meeting.

 

Beauly Public Toilets, Asset Transfer or Other. Secretary gave an update in 3 areas:

1)       A request for further information will be passed to Debbie Sutton THC.

2)       Secretary was in process of updating Feasibility Paper following receipt of quotes for various options. This would inform members and allow viability of taking over toilets at some future point to be properly considered.

3)       Formation of Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Following application to THC Town Centre Fund being declined, CC working with others, (Business Association &Trustees of Beauly Sports Association) to agree if a Development Company satisfying SCIO criteria should be set up in the village. Initial feedback is positive, awaiting formal comment from Business Association.

 

7.2

Stagecoach 28 bus. Route/Timetable issues. Cllr Davidson set up meeting, response received from Stagecoach and comments made. Generally, improvements but work in progress. Awaiting note on possible further changes particularly the Hughton loop.

 

7.3

(Jane C) Asked for volunteer snow clearing to be included in Winter Resilience/Community Emergency Plan. After discussion it was agreed to investigate cost of Spreaders (£150) possibly through Discretionary Fund and thereafter put together a rota of volunteers in particular areas. It was noted gritting was not as thorough as usual just now as the Village Officer did not have use of his mini tractor spreader. Glasdon Icemaster 50 Manual Gritter (Black) – Push Along Gritter for Schools, Businesses & Roadside Use – 50-Litre Walk Behind Salt Spreader – Self-Assembly Required: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

DT

7.1

(James C) Is interested to know what the view of the community would be if, Covid19 permitting, the 2021 Highland Cross went ahead on 19th June. Feedback please.

All Note

7.2

(SF) Confirmed that Green’s Nursery, Nairn will be providing village flowers this year. Secretary to liaise with Kathleen Simpson over return of pillar boxes.

DT

7.3

(DT) Confirmed first invoice from Moir & Simpson for supply of columns and lights was in process of being paid. Physical work on site will start shortly.

 

7.4

(SF) Raised issue of 7.26am 28 bus not picking up passengers other than school pupils in Beauly, route then via Hughton to Charleston then arriving in Inverness terminus at 8.40am. Secretary to investigate.

DT

7.5

(RH) Secretary to investigate cost of Zoom licence which would make meetings a lot smoother.

DT

8.0

Next meeting

 

8.1

Next meeting scheduled for 22nd February 2020.

 

  

   DCT/02- 29/02/2021

                        
Beauly Community Council - Correspondence Register, Council Meeting 25/01/2021

 

No

Date

To/From

Subject

Comment/Action

1

03/12/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

2

08/12/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

3

24/12/2020

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

4

12/01/2021

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

5

19/01/2021

THC e planning

Weekly List

No Comment

6

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03445/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 11 houses.

Commented

7

24/09/2020

THC Planning

20/03444/FUL Springfield Housing at Fire Station, 42 houses.

Commented

8

03/02/2020

THC Planning

20/00500/FUL Change of use from agricultural shed to Class 4 Business (Logic)

Under Consideration

9

02/12/2020

Charles Stephen, Ward Manager THC

Notes on meeting; Community Councils and Ward Councillors, 15th October 2020

Noted.

10

07/12/2020

Lorraine Farquharson THC on behalf Community Council Support

user-friendly guidance for developers of campervan waste disposal points

Noted.

11

08/12/2020

Cllr Margaret Davidson

Update on planning application Gloag Development, deferred till February

Noted.

12

10/12/2020

THC, CAG Review Springfield Development

Street naming, Oakview Place, response given.

Secretary completed.

13

10/12/2020

Seona Fraser/Beauly Primary School

Thank you for Christmas sweets, very much appreciated

Noted

14

10/12/2020

THC Jennifer Mair

Consultation on Highland Council revised policy for rural housing developments

Noted

15

11/12/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Spare Key to Toilets, Council Officers to attend next meeting

Secretary invited Debbie Sutton

16

11/12/2020

Cllr Emma Knox

Note on action from previous minutes.

Secretary actioned.

17

21/12/2020

Tracy Stephenson ScotRail

Adopt A Station update. Programme temporarily suspended.

Noted.

18

04/01/2021

Glasdon, Winter Safety Essentials

Sales pitch.

Noted.

19

06/01/2021

Alistair.Grant@scottishboundaries.gov.uk

Review of Electoral Arrangements: Highland Council Area

Submission made.

20

06/01/2021

Tony Boyland/ Calico uk

Investing in SSL (means Secure Socket Layer) Certificate. General approval.

Purchased.

21

12/01/2021

Ryrie Oag Fair Start Scotland

Post News letter on Facebook?

Agreed

22

13/01/2021

Ross Lamb Bowel Cancer UK

Post leaflet on Facebook?

Agreed

23

13/01/2021

Gavin Steel Scottish Water

Invitation to take part in Scottish Water's Annual Consultative Meeting online

Noted

24

20/01/2021

Charles Stephen, Ward Manager THC

Helpful information for communities on current Covid19 restrictions

Agreed to Post on Facebook.