FORTROSE AND ROSEMARKIE COMMUNITY COUNCIL



Meeting Wednesday 9th December Meeting Room 7.30pm





1

Present:

Action


I Brown, A MacLeod, A Phillips, S Atkin, S Williams, T Heath, B Taylor, GJ Phillips, L Tonkin

Cllr. C Fraser – Highland Council

I Jackson, B Cairns - Highland Council

D Kinnear- member of public


2

Apologies:



Community Police Officer


3

Welcome


Newly elected Chairman, Ian Brown, welcomed everyone to this, the first meeting of the new Community Council (CC), posts confirmed as follows

Secretary Anne Phillips

Treasurer Bill Taylor

Planning Tom Heath

Communications Sarah Atkin and Gareth Phillips


The Chairman introduced Ian Jackson, in charge of school closures, and Bernadette Cairns, head of ASN, from Highland Council (HC) who wished to present plans for the Black Isle Education Centre.


The Centre at Raddery caters for excluded students and currently has few pupils, some referrals are from outside the local catchment area. . HC is looking at how to better use resources and work in a more flexible manner. A major proposal would be to change the status from a school to a support/outreach centre working with small groups and serving as a base for peripatetic support staff. Any changes would be part of a lengthy consultation process and the CC would be a Statutory Consultee. There would be a six week initial consultation process including a public meeting followed by a consultation with HMI for a review and comments before finally going to the Scottish Government. All plans will be costed. The centre could be on the Raddery site or elsewhere.

S Atkin CC pointed out that the site had been gifted specifically for educational purposes it might not be possible to simply sell the site. HC will consider all options and consult widely.


I Brown thanked them for coming.


4

Points from the Public


Mrs D Kinnear expressed concerns that the Greenside development for 50 houses was now showing as 48 houses and 8 flats.

She pointed out the nearest consultation meeting about the HWLDP was in Dingwall and that there was no public transport, Black Isle was not listed as an area. Very concerned that community voices not being listened to.

CC responded that they had taken up similar points with HC.

Photocopies of her letters and photographs to be held for reference.










A Phillips

5

Minutes of meeting held 11th November 2015


Corrections – 6.1 insert opposite end of before S Andrews lane.

6.6 Capital G for Grant

10.2 Patterson

Request for minutes to be sent as pdf file.

Minutes agreed, proposed I Brown seconded B Taylor.



6

Matters Arising


4.1 Royal Mail – some streets not delivered six days and problems with Parcelforce. S Atkin to contact other CC's on Balck isle to see if localised issue before T Heath writes to Royal Mail.

4.2 Coastal erosion – no further information.

10.2 Xmas Lights – lights were checked Friday 4th December by E Brown, A Phillips and MG Phillips.

I Brown thanked D Grigor for providing cherry picker GJ Phillips, T Heath and A Phillips for helping with lights.

10.4 St Boniface bench dedicated 5th December.

10.8 Community Company to be on next Agenda

10.9 Thanks to outgoing members, formal letter and possible article for Chatterbox.




T Heath

S Atkin








7


.1


.2

Police Matters


E mail report from Gavin Sim our Community Officer and apologies.

6 incidents reported.

It is now almost a year since an officer attended a meeting of the CC we need to contact other CC'c to ask if they have police attending.





S Atkin

8


.1







.2


.3


.4

.5

Planning


Care Home - T Heath asked if we should make further representations. A Phillips said that CC had done all it could to make its position clear including a public meeting, the matter was still seen by some as simply pro or anti a care home, the planning issue being ignored , the CC could not add anything more. She suggested questions could be asked in a newsletter to determine views on future development. After discussion it was agreed not send a further letter and that ways of engaging with the community should be investigated.

Greenside Farm – it was agreed not to send a further letter because comprehensive comments already sent and there was no new information.

15/04360/FUL Retrospective planning application Wellfield. Draft response prepared expressing concerns, this was agreed.

HWLDP – draft response agreed

Public Meeting – A Phillips has circulated draft notes for comments. Draft was sent to Tim Stott to check accuracy of record of HC responses. He is happy with record and has sent links to more in depth background, these links will be placed on website along with meeting notes when agreed.








S Atkin

GJ Phillips




T Heath

T Heath




A Phillips

9

.1

.2




.3

.4

.5

.6

.7

.8




.9

Correspondence

CC mail group to be circulated

Ward 10 Cllr's have asked for meeting with Chairman and one other, it was agreed the meeting should be with all CC members.

B Taylor will look back at attendance from HC Cllr's. Cllr C Fraser has been in regular attendance.

S Ross does not wish to continue as associate member. Card of thanks to be sent.

Community Council Fairer Scotland Event Q&A to be circulated.

HIE Digital briefing for November circulated.

HC Transport Programme online survey, individuals can fill in.

HWLDP – consultation extension to 29th January.

E mail from B Smith regarding condition of 24 High Street Fortrose. HC have effected temporary work to make the building safe. It was agreed to ask HC what is meant by temporary and why window boarded up in conservation area, CC to express concerns about detrimental effect on neighbouring properties.

HC have sent details of road closure while work carried out at Chanonry Point.

Notices for noticeboards. A Phillips for Rosemarkie, and B Taylor for Fortrose.


T Heath

I Brown


B Taylor


A Phillips








B Taylor

B Taylor.

10

Finance


No transactions since last month. Papers transferred to new treasurer B Taylor.




11

.1




.2




.3


.4

Roads and Pavements


Balblair Bridge – Cllr Fraser has requested crash barriers after accident at bridge, he also warned people to be aware that some insurances which offer a car during recovery only do so when a third party is involved.

He is continuing to monitor work on the Fairy Glen road .

Rosemarkie Road Safety – Rosemarkie Amenities (RAA) has produced a petition at the request of residents and has contacted HC. The CC was shown plans for 20mph limit and parking spaces on High Street some years ago. RAA will work with CC to progress this matter.

Di Agnew has responded to Ross Cairns and letters about Ness Road safety. HC now considering traffic calming.

Salmon Fishers path – T Heath has circulated correspondence. P Waite Footpaths Officer to talk to Tullochs, he agrees that path is in parlous state.











A Phillips




T Heath

12

.1



.2


.3


.4

.5

.6

.7

.8

AOCB


HC are prepared to pay £6,000 to replace storage shed beside Town Hall, funds from Common Good but will be replaced. Muddy area by lapidary hut to be resurfaced, HC to consult with CC.

Service point is moving to the library. Dog waste bags will still be available at the Leisure Centre, also available at Rosemarkie Beach cafe.

T Heath suggested CC should develop own local plan. Black Isle Community Council group to be contacted.

Fortrose Noticeboard -Key holders will be I Brown and B Taylor.

St Boniface Shed key – I Brown

Rosemarkie and Fortrose Community Company – report to be added to agenda.

Common Good Fund – I Brown would like CC control but B Taylor pointed out that HC Cllr's are trustees and control Fund.

New Street names request from HC– it was agreed that more fitting tribute to Billy Barclay would be to name new education centre after him, therefore street names chosen were Moray Drive and Fort George Walk.








T Heath

B Taylor


I Brown

A Phillips





A Phillips


Date of next meeting Wednesday 13th January 2016 7pm meeting room.



Meeting closed 9.30pm Cllr Fraser left at 8.30pm