- Assigned Observation
- Assigned Observations are either Manual Observations created by the
inspector, or Unassigned Observations to which the inspector has supplied a
diagnosis and severity.
- Applies To
- The board or circuit(s) where an observations was detected.
- Files (e.g. JPEG images) embedded inside an ETAS File.
- All the information gathered during an electrical inspection, stored in
electronic format. Includes client/site details, assets (supplies, boards,
circuits etc.), test results, and observations. An ETAS file.
- The individual or organization that requested the inspection.
- The individual or organization that dispatched an engineer to perform the
- Contractor Code
- A 6-character label that identifies the organization or individual that
produced the certificate/ report. A registered Contractor Code and password are
required to print full reports.
- Description of the observation that appears on the report. Chosen by the
inspector when assigning or creating an observation.
- Draft Report
- A PDF Report generated in the Windows temporary folder and opened
automatically with with the default PDF viewer. Includes a certificate
section but no circuit assessment sheets.
- Engineer, Inspector
- The individual or who performs the inspection.
- Electrical Condition Report (ECR)
- Previously known as a Periodic Inspection Report, an ECR is a formal method
of recording the electrical condition of an existing installation against
BS 7671 (“Requirements for Electrical Installations).
- Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC)
- Previously known as an Electrical Completion Certificate / Minor Works
Certificate, an EIC is a formal method of recording the electrical condition
of a new installation against BS 7671 (“Requirements for Electrical
- ETAS File
- The file format (file extension “ets”) that ETAS uses to save and load certificates.
- Final Report
- A PDF Report attached to a Signed Off Certificate. Includes a certificate
section as well as circuit assessment sheets for all boards in the system.
- Job Code
- A 10-character label that identifies a specific inspection.
- Manual Observation
- Listed on the report. Added manually by the inspector based on visual inspection or otherwise.
- PDF Report
- A report file saved in Portable Document Format. Can be viewed on a computer screen or printed on paper.
- Signed Off Certificate
- An ETAS file with a PDF report attached and a read-only ‘snapshot’ of the
actual certificate data used to generate that report. Choose “Final Report”
in the Print wizard to generate a Signed Off Certificate.
- The building or facility actually tested and covered by the certificate.
- Suppressed Observation
- The inspector has determined that an automatically generated observation
is not relevant for the reason given.
- A brief description of the condition that caused an auto observation to be generated.
- Unassigned Observation
- Generated automatically by ETAS when an irregularity is detected during
diagnostics. All Unassigned Observations must be either suppressed or assigned before
the certificate status switches to “Complete”.
- Working Copy
- A modifiable ETAS file that has not been signed off. Working copies can be created
from scratch, or created from an existing Electrical Condition Report or
Electrical Installation Certificate.