Scientifica is a collaboration between thinkers, visionaries and
makers, working to promote and sustain the public engagement with science and to stimulate the
collaboration between science and other fields of culture.
Our captivating and interdisciplinary projects take on new approaches on communicating and debating scientific topics and encourage participants of all ages to experience and explore the realm of science, technology and design.
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT WITH SCIENCE:
COMMUNICATING ON GLOBAL SCIENTIFIC ISSUES (HEALTH, CLIMATE, FOOD SECURITY) / INNOVATION from CONCEPTS to ACTION / AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
STEAM EDUCATION (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS, MATH) / YOUTH CAREERS ACCELERATION/ TRAINING FOR TEACHERS, STUDENTS & EXPLAINERS
EXHIBITS & DESIGN:
INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS & INSTALLATIONS / CURATING AND MANAGING TRANSDISCIPLINARY PROJECTS / FUTURE CITIES DESIGN&SUSTENABILITY
RESEARCH & EVALUATION:
SOCIAL INNOVATION / EQUITY & INCLUSION / SUSTAINABLE LIVING / PUBLIC OPINION / BENCHMARKING
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION:
CREATING DEBATES & CONVERSATIONS / P.R. WITHIN EUROPEAN RESEARCH COMMUNITIES / PROMOTION OF SMALL OR LARGE SCALE FACILITIES & PROJECTS / INVOLVING JOURNALISTS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND INSTITUTIONS
NETWORKING & PARTNERSHIPS:
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS / PARTNERSHIPS WITHIN MAIN EUROPEAN SCIENCE COMMUNICATION NETWORKS / PARTHERSHIPS BETWEEN LOCAL STAKEHOLDERS (UNIVERSITIES, LOCAL AUTHORITIES, SCIENTISTS, CITIZENS).
Currently under development: awareness & fundraising campaign for the support of a national network
of science engagement institutions.
This project aims to strengthen and advance the fields of science communication and STEAM education, by providing the necessary infrastructure and resources to the stakeholders involved.
Our ambition is to act as an umbrella network for Romanian policymakers, professionals and organizations (technology centers, museums, public institutes, non-profit organizations etc.) that are engaged in science communication activities, in order to promote our country’s scientific culture.
Our main goals are to :
1. Build strategic partnerships between stakeholders and reinforce long term national & European collaborations
2. Develop local action plans and strategic visions, targeting science engagement and informal STEAM education
3. Empower explainers, educators and other mediators to facilitate discussions on scientific issues and applications, through participatory procedures
4. Encourage young people into STEAM careers
*STEAM = science, technology, engineering, arts and math
Cluj Innovation City, the umbrella for our team’s contribution to the development of the first
science centre in
The Cluj Science Centre, envisioned as a museum of sciences, arts and human experiences, will be a highly visible and trusted hub of activity, dialogue and discourse.
It will be will be a voice for scientific research, a medium of learning and collaboration, a place of experience and experiment.
By bringing together the local authorities, universities, the business community and the public, The Cluj Science Centre will inspire, guide and convey a culture of creativity, ingenuity and play.
Our main goals are to :
1. Develop feasibility plans, sizing and projections
2. Develop curatorial concepts and exhibits
3. Develop a set of action plans for public events, workshops and trainings
4. Establish partnerships with international Science Centres and networks
IMMERSIVE MOBILE MUSEUMS. Together with architects and designers, our team is working on a mobile
showcasing space, that will allow to quickly and simply create immersive experiences, setup
experiment labora- tories and collaborative learning environments in a wide range of settings and
Mobility allows this project to overcome access barriers in the communities we serve. We will use a multifaceted strategy, engaging not only students but also their teachers and families.
Our mission is that of creating a scientific community that reflects the diversity of our country and our communities.
City by city and school by school, this will support a new learning and experiential model for
sciences, art and technologies and it will prepare the next autonomous research and development
With all the technology of a permanent installation, projection, LED lighting, surround sound and software, this modular system will develop and grow in tandem with our various needs and projects.
ENABLED-COMMUNITY PROTOTYPING. Together with enthusiastic makers, researchers, artist and inventors
we are working towards building an open source Makers Space in Cluj-Napoca.
Makerspaces are community centers with tools. These initiatives combine manufacturing equipment, community, and education for the purposes of enabling community members to design, prototype and create manufactured works that wouldn’t be possible to create with the resources available to individuals working alone.
All maker spaces are united in the purpose of providing access to equipment, community, and
education. Every maker space is unique in the way it is build up to fit the purposes of the
community it serves.
Makerspaces represent the democratization of design, engineering, fabrication and education. They are a fairly new phenomenon, but are beginning to produce projects with significant national impacts.
The Science Pavilion is a unique venue at the heart of Bucharest, aiming to catalyse change in
industry, society and education together with partners - who invest in the exploration process as
well as in the engagement of their public.
It covers an indoor space of 450 sqm and it is linked to the NOD Makers Space (650 sqm) and the Deschis Terrasse (1000 sqm). The whole project is meant to create a place for prototyping, experimentation and interaction. Resident researchers, designers, companies and artists will be prototyping devices, installations, apps and services.
As a result we will develop themed exhibitions and we will tackle scientific issues and technological advancements in order to introduce them to the public.
- invite companies, local creatives and research institutes to reach new audiences and to engage in meaningful conversations.
- invite the audiences to take the opportunity to explore creative ideas that interrogate the boundaries of art and science.
- stimulate new forms of creativity and socioeconomic innovation.
- to be brave and to inspire new approaches to environmental, technological and social challenges throughout a synergistic network
We believe that, by encouraging the intersection between technology, art and design can help
create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions for social change.
We support creative platforms, that bring together artists and scientists, designers, architects, egineers and entrepreneures in new forms of dialogue.
1. GUIDED TOURS (behind the scenes: of factories, laboratories, Universities)
2. SCIENCE CAFES (roundtable discussions, or meet the scientist or journalist format)
4. EXHIBITIONS (indoor or outdoor)
5. SCIENCE SHOWS
6. SCIENCE BUSKING (street science, pop-up factor)
7. DEMONSTRATIONS (experiments on stage, on street, at events)
8. SCIENCE THEATRES
9. CONFERENCES & LECTURES
11. SELF EXPLANATORY EXPERIMENTS AND GAMES
12. INTERDISCIPLINARY FORMATS (MUSIC AND SCIENCE)